GN Solids Control has been provided many dredge dewatering systems for global customers. Based on the move methods, GN dredge dewatering system is classified into the following 2 types: skid mounted treating system and trailer mounted treating system.
Just take example of one trailer mounted treating system provided to customer, the following shows questions that customers are interested:
1. Total power requirement at most likely and max load for determining power generator requirements.
GN Solids provides ‘GN Equipment Power List’. All the listed components are controlled by GN control boxes. You might need to prepare a distribution center and connect them to GN control boxes.
2. System dead load and axel load (ESAL).
’35ton 2axle LOW BED’, whole dead load can hold up to 35T, axel load is 21T.
3. Is it possible to get the transporting height of each trailer below 14 ft so we wouldn’t require to permit the transport of this system in Texas?
We can decrease the height below 14ft. As there is no separated compartment, so there’s no pump cavitation. #1 tank and #2 tank they are connected by overflow, as long as the #2 tank liquid discharged port higher than centrifugal pump inlet port, there will be no cavitation as long as #2 tank has fluid inside.
4. Does GN have any clients that use conveyor systems to move the dredge material away from the trailers, or do they just use bucket loaders to move it on the fly?
It depends, some of GN customers using screw conveyors while some of them use bucket loaders. Screw conveyor can be used to transport to a truck directly, while the bucket loaders can be replaced with another one and also move easily.
5. Max pump pressure and pressure system weak points.
Max pressure 0.5Mpa, there’s no pressure weak points as the whole system pressure is less than 1.0Mpa, actually they are not pressure pipe system.
6. Details on pressure safety system such as pop-off valves and other PSVs.
This system has on and off valves, centrifugal pump inlet and mud cleaner inlet both controlled by valves. There’re no pressure control components inside as this is not a pressure system.